WhatsApp for PC has been the most wanted ‘Guy’ in the field of instant messaging apps. If 100 members are using a text messaging app, 90 of them are into WhatsApp for PC while the rest 10 scatter in the user database of other apps like WeChat, Hike, iMessage, etc. Have you ever wondered how it has become so popular even with many other competitive apps that work in the same way with the same features? 😀 Let me explain.
For example, let us assume that X= GTalk, Facebook Messenger, YahooIM, Skype or whatever. For all these cases, you’re asked to build a contact list by adding each person through usernames. However, in WhatsApp for PC just needs to have a phone number and this is the utmost reason why it is being used largely. After all, we all must be having the phone number before the social media networks are invented or the messaging apps came into a trend.
Using numbers, one can conveniently text people at any point of time. WhatsApp can be used by people who doesn’t know Facebook, and that’s the reason why it is popular even among our parents. Isn’t that so? With that being said, WhatsApp can also be used on PC and Mac and here in this article, we are going to give a detailed explanation of how to use it.
Table of Contents
Features of WhatsApp Web
1. Free: WhatsApp can be used to leave a message, call a person with an active internet connection, and by doing this, you don’t have to pay.
2. Media Exchange: You can receive pictures, documents, videos and voice texts using it.
3. Free Calls: As mentioned above, you can make voice calls using it even to family and friends who live outside the country without any service charges.
4. Group Chat: You can converse with multiple people at a time so that you can avoid texting the same thing twice or more.
5. WhatsApp Web: Here, you can use the WhatsApp for PC directly from your browser to send texts by typing them from the keyboard.
6. No Pins and Usernames: All you need to have is the number of people you want to text, and you can contact them easily within seconds.
7. Much more: You can send unlimited images, email the chat history, exchange contacts, set wallpapers, share the location using the WhatsApp messenger.
Newly Added Features of WhatsApp on PC
WhatsApp for PC has been updating the new versions regularly by fixing bugs, embedding new features in each version. The WhatsApp Latest Version that has been released on 10th November 2016 is WhatsApp 2.16.346 APK, and it has a whole set of new features added.
- The most significant feature is that WhatsApp has launched the video calling feature in the recent version which is yet to be officially activated for many users in different countries.
- Apart from that, it has introduced the SnapChat like filters where the user can doodle a pic with texts of different colors, add emojis to it before sending to another person.
- Also, using the “@” symbol, one can tag a person or a contact in the group conversation to address them.
WhatsApp System Requirements for PC
Operating System: Windows 7 or higher
Processor: Intel or AMD
RAM: 4 GB or higher
HDD: 5 GB or higher
Note: Your PC must have updated graphic drivers and you must be the admin of the PC.
How to Download WhatsApp for PC/Laptop?
Let’s address the question initially. Why does anyone want to download WhatsApp for PC instead of using it on the phone? If you have huge chunks of text to send and can’t do it on the mobile, you can use the PC version and send them up by typing from the keyboard. Also, the WhatsApp for PC version helps you to text while you’re doing something else and gives you the ability to multi-task. In some cases, you’re not officially allowed to use the phone in the office premises or the college premises; therefore you can then open the WhatsApp on PC and keep texting.
The five major methods used in WhatsApp PC download are:
- Using the WhatsApp Web version.
- Install WhatsApp on PC through Bluestacks Player.
- Download WhatsApp for PC through Nox app player.
- WhatsApp Download for PC through Andyroid.
- WhatsApp for PC download through MEmu Emulator.
Out of the above 5 given methods, 4 of them are the best Android Emulators for Windows. And 1st method is to directly use WhatsApp Web on your computer or laptop. So first, let’s start with Bluestacks WhatsApp method.
WhatsApp Download for PC with Bluestacks
#1. Being the prominent Android Emulator, Bluestacks allows us to play the Android Apps on PC. There are many other Android Players apart from it, but it stands out to be the best. One can play any kind of Android app on the computer using Bluestacks and it has the most sophistication in the field of Android app players.
#2. To download WhatsApp on PC, download the Bluestacks player on your PC from the official website or download from here. Note that the procedure is same for all WhatsApp for Windows be it Windows 7/8/8.1/10/XP.
#3. Install the Bluestacks and once the process is done, launch it on your computer. Sign into it using the Google Play Store id and search for “WhatsApp latest version” in the search bar.
#4. Click on the first official results and then select the “Install” button to install the app on PC. Within few seconds, you will find WhatsApp on your monitor through BlueStacks interface.
WhatsApp for PC Download using Nox App Player
#1. Nox app player has been launched recently and has already become the biggest rival of the Bluestacks Player. The reason is that the software can be installed both with Nox online installer and also the Nox offline installer according to the strength of the internet connection.
#2. Initially, visit the official website or download the latest version of Nox app player. Once downloaded, install the player by running the downloaded file. Launch the player on a computer as soon as you are done. It is amusing that the Nox app player supports multiple player modes.
#3. Go to the home interface, and type “WhatsApp” in the search bar of it to get the latest version of WhatsApp. Click on the first result and click “Install” from the prompted page.
#4. By doing this, the WhatsApp will be installed and played on your Nox app player’s interface. However, if you’re following the APK method, you can directly download WhatsApp APK from the internet and open it through the Nox app player.
Download WhatsApp for PC using Andyroid
The reason that you’ll prefer using the Andyroid is that it doesn’t show any difference in the user interface either on Windows or Mac. The interface is same for the all the versions be it WhatsApp for Windows 7, WhatsApp for Windows 8 or WhatsApp for Windows 10 and even for WhatsApp for Mac. Andy OS has emerged out as one of the best emulating software that lets you directly sync your applications to PC.
- To do this, download the Andyroid from the official website as it is available for free. Start the installation from the setup file.
- Launch the software once after download and login to it using the Google Play Store account credentials. Now, start the Play Store app and type “WhatsApp” in the search bar.
- Click on the official search result and click “Install” to start the game. Once installed, launch the game and use it as WhatsApp on PC. Use the control button to zoom in/out.
Install WhatsApp on PC using MEmu Emulator
#1. MEmu Emulator is yet again one of the very recently launched Android Emulator which is user-friendly and powerful. Therefore, you need to start downloading the setup file by visiting this link initially.
#2. The installer file is available in two versions, offline and online and if you don’t have a very strong internet connection; it is better that you use the offline version to avoid the installation errors.
#3. Once the emulator is installed, launch it on your Windows to download various Android Apps. In the search bar, search for the “WhatsApp” and get the desired result.
#5. You can also download the WhatsApp APK file outside the MEmu emulator and can open it with MEmu Emulator or any of the above mentioned Android app players too.
#6. Install WhatsApp as you do in the Play Store and start using it effective immediately.
By understanding the need of WhatsApp download for PC, the WhatsApp developers have now made the computer version accessible as WhatsApp Web. It is an extension of the WhatsApp for PC. The texts you receive and send will be synced between the phone and your PC, and you can see the messages on both of them at the same time. Any action taken from either of the devices will apply to the other. However, WhatsApp Web is as of now available for few OS including Android (all versions), iOS 8.1+, Windows 8 and 8.1, Nokia S40 EVO, S60, BlackBerry 10 Smartphones.
Minimum Requirements for WhatsApp Web
- You should have an active account on WhatsApp on your phone.
- A stable internet that connects both your phone and computer to WhatsApp.
- The latest version of Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Brave or Opera.
Steps Involved in using WhatsApp Web
- Open WhatsApp on the phone initially.
- Go to web.whatsapp.com on any browser of your computer.
- Go to Menu>WhatsApp web on your phone.
- Now, you will find a QR code on the computer. Scan it using your phone.
- You will be connected to WhatsApp Web within seconds.
This process eliminates the pain of downloading an additional Android Player and using it solely for WhatsApp PC. However, if you want to download other apps on PC and run them, especially the games; the above-mentioned apps are best recommended.
How to Download WhatsApp for Mac?
Apple’s presentation of the instant messaging application back in OS X Mountain Lion brought much comfort for iOS clients, giving them the capacity to send and get the iMessages using their Macs. It implied clients could rapidly answer to messages and go ahead with what they were doing alongside going through the longer messages. However, still most of the iOS users prefer WhatsApp because of the cross-platform messaging and here are two methods in which you can get access for WhatsApp Mac.
- WhatsApp for Mac using Bluestacks Player
- WhatsApp for Mac using Nox app Player
Download using Bluestacks Player
As mentioned above, the procedure of downloading WhatsApp Mac is same as the windows. Initially, you have to download the Bluestacks Player and install it. After launching the player, access the search option and then start searching for the “WhatsApp” keyword to find the official link. Click on “Install” and install the WhatsApp on your interface and start using it efficiently.
Download using Nox app Player
According to the numerical statistics, it is noticed that Nox app player is most used by the Mac users over the Bluestacks Player and the reason behind that is because of the clean interface it offers.
Therefore, start with downloading the Nox Player for Mac from the official website and install it by following the step by step instructions. Once after launching the player, search for “WhatsApp” in the search bar and install it by clicking on the search link. Allow the app to get installed and use it with ease.
That being said, one can use any one of the above-mentioned methods, be it WhatsApp for PC or WhatsApp for Mac according to their convenience and start using WhatsApp using the mouse and keyboard to send large texts, converse in groups, share media directly from your computer, send files and contacts and a lot more.
Also, make sure that you are downloading the latest version of WhatsApp in order to experience the newly added features and to enhance the user experience of WhatsApp for PC including the video call option, the emoji features etc. There is also a new beta version released for WhatsApp with two-factor authentication. This feature can now play audio messages in the background!
So what keeps you waiting? Download WhatsApp for PC now and let me know if you face any issues while downloading WhatsApp Messenger on your PC. I will guide you solve the errors you face during the installation process of WhatsApp on PC download.