All sorts of video tutorials, instructions for working in graphic editors, manuals, and recordings of the passage of games have received great popularity and distribution on the network. But to create them, one way or another, you will have to learn how to record video from the screen on your Windows 11 PC or laptop.
Today, we will look at the highest quality and most functional screen recorders available for Windows 11. Whatever use cases you have, each of these Windows 11 screen recorders will delight you with functionality and will make it possible not only to easily record videos from the desktop but also to edit the resulting clips and save them to a file of any modern (video) format.
Let’s get to the best possible ways to screen record on Windows 11 using the screen recorders.
Table of Contents
Best Ways to Record Screen on Windows 11
We’ve found the best ways to record a video or screen on your Windows 11 PC or laptop. Let’s start with Xbox Game Bar!
1. Xbox Game Bar
Some editions of Windows 10 and 11 already have this app installed. But if your system does not have it, then Xbox Game Bar can be installed through the Microsoft Store.
Wondering how you can record games or other spaces on your Windows 11 PC using Xbox Game Bar? Here’s how you can do it.
- You can launch the program by finding it by name in the system search – or by using the combination of the Windows button (marked with the logo) + G.
- When the program is launched, go to the Burn section. You can immediately start shooting everything happening on the Windows screen by clicking on the appropriate button. An alternative option is to use the Windows key combination, ALT and R.
Note that you can not record just the desktop or other folders displayed in File Explorer – you will only be able to record various applications, for example, browser windows.
Key Features of Xbox Game Bar Screen Recording
- Excellent compatibility with most games, including resource-demanding ones
- The ability to record videos without reducing quality
However, if you’re not so happy with Xbox Game Bar due to the slow loading of your PC (as the Game Bar starts on Windows startup), you can easily disable it.
That said, it’s not the only option to record a screen on Windows 11; we’ve more screen recorders to show you that work like a charm!
2. OBS Studio
The free Open Broadcaster Software allows you to quickly record video from your computer screen with the formation of a high-quality file up to MPEG-4 in 1080p and 720p. Differs in ease of a choice of parameters for screen capture.
You can adjust the video bitrate, select the source of the audio tracks (microphone or capture external sound from the speaker with volume control), and immediately broadcast the video stream to Twitch, Youtube, and other platforms.
The screen recorder can simultaneously receive data from several sources and save them in one stream. This open-source recorder does not contain any restrictions or advertising.
Key Features of OBS Screen Recorder
- Convenient control panel, built-in timer
- Open-source, low CPU load
- Support for video calls, you can write video chats directly from the browser
- Live streaming of video files to all popular platforms
- Functionality for creating screencasts lets you play with the addition of audio files
Cons of OBS
- No mouse selection
- Problem with writing to DVD, GIF, TGA, FlV, and ASF formats
- Slightly outdated interface in comparison with analogs
- There is no full-fledged editing – cutting and gluing the contents will not work
Bandicam will be an excellent program that allows you to capture video from the monitor, record games and movies, and take screenshots. It is noteworthy that during shooting, you can also capture a specific part of the screen; for this, it is enough to select the area of interest.
The resulting content is relatively compact and, simultaneously, of high quality. Screenshots can be obtained in popular BMP, JPEG, and PNG extensions.
Against the background of most analogs, the Bandicam utility is famous for its acceptable system requirements and does not overload the processor and RAM. You can record the game without lags in excellent Full HD quality.
Key Features of Bandicam Screen Recording
- Screenshots and their subsequent saving
- Work in high resolution
- Formation of compact materials
- Pause or stop at a specified time if necessary
- You can perform video capture in AVI format, applications based on DirectX technology
- Support for hardware acceleration technology AMD VCE, Intel QSV
- Works with Xvid, MP2, MJPEG, PCM, and MPEG-1
4. Debut Video Capture
Debut is among the free programs. Its unique feature is capturing from any connected device: webcams, TV tuners, IP cameras, and screens. With a few mouse clicks, the utility has prepared formats for saving videos to various gadgets and game consoles.
Key Features of Debut Video Capture
- Work on color parameters: gamma, contrast, brightness
- Video resizing
- Adding titles
- Encoding setting
- Built-in filters
- Schedule recording
- Flexible settings for video export
- Simultaneous recording from the screen with sound from the microphone and speakers (it is convenient to record conferences).
For those who like to create training videos on Windows 11 laptops or PCs, Debut provides highlighting of the mouse cursor for a visual explanation of everything that happens on the screen.
This screen capture tool has a simple interface with decent functionality. You can share the footage directly from the program by mail and take screenshots from it; you can also apply watermarks.
5. Movavi Screen Recorder
This PC screen recorder will suit several categories of users. Teachers will create lessons, and gamers will receive a program recording their favorite games (gameplay) from the screen at up to 60 frames per second. It also has a video editing feature, of course, as a separate software from Movavi itself.
If you are watching a video online in a specific format (1080p, 720p, etc.), then the capture tool will make the video in the exact resolution.
Movavi Screen Recorder can record audio, images from the monitor and camera, and all the necessary editing functions – cropping, gluing, overlaying a frame, etc.
Key Features of Movavi PC Screen Recorder
- More than 180 formats for saving videos
- Presets for recording screen video in mobile device format
- Adding watermarks to footage
- Optimization of the video card
- Supported file size up to 4k
- The presence of built-in editing tools + player
- Export online (publication on YouTube, Vimeo, and social networks)
There is no need to install a separate editor to work on the recorded material. The best video recording software from Movavi has a built-in Video Editor utility with a set of transitions and special effects. You can also overlay titles and add an audio track.
The developer also releases the Movavi Game Capture tool (Gecata). Its functionality is similar to its progenitor. However, there is an option to automatically record gameplay – autoload the script during game startup.
This is one of the most advanced programs to take Windows screenshots. Taking a screenshot of the monitor is now turning into tangible art. Several tools are available to the user, making capturing images much more effortless.
Key Features of Snagit Video Recorder
- Hotkeys for taking a photo of a specific area, an entire window, and a scrolling window
- Save screenshots to PDF and many other popular formats
- Allows you to shoot video from the monitor screen in a custom mode
- Work with the image (frames, stamps, inscription, rotation, cropping, visual effects, etc.)
- Publication of material on YouTube, Twitter, and other social networks
- Ability to connect plugins
Now the problem of taking screenshots of a particular window that does not fit the screen is solved. Like similar programs for recording what is happening on the screen without quality loss, Snagit allows you to capture a snapshot of a long web page and work with text. After the next shot, the image editor opens, where you can perform several manipulations on the footage.
The edited screen can be immediately sent by e-mail, saved to a PC, uploaded to FTP, sent to another program, or copied to the clipboard.
Which Windows 11 Screen Recorder is Your Favorite?
As you can see, with the help of the programs presented above, you can easily capture video from the screen or record video from the game on your Windows 11 PC.
It does not require any specific knowledge or experience in professional applications. You must download the separate screen recorder software installer on your Windows 11 PC and follow our instructions.
Of course, you can use other applications like easy-to-use screen capturer Screencast-O-Matic and others, but the programs from our list allow you to record your screen free of charge, with the same quality and without complicated preliminary settings. So what keeps you waiting? Get started with recording your Windows screen today!