Recently Google has come up with two very useful apps Google Duo for Windows and Google Allo which have become quite popular in no time. The main purpose of the Google Duo PC app is to make video calls. It is a very simple and easy to use app. With such a huge user base for video call usage need, many would love to use Google Duo for PC or Google Duo for Mac just like Skype. Isn’t it?
As of now, Google has till now decided to release it only for Android and iOS platforms but we can use it on our computer and laptops too. The only requirement is to create an Android environment on PC and then use the app. There are software designed for the same purpose called Android Emulators where you can use Google Duo on PC.
Table of Contents
How Google Duo PC is Different from Other Video Calling Apps
Other apps do not have features like Live Preview. Google Duo PC has a comparatively easier user interface. The video calls do not generally get interrupted in slow internet connections. Other than that, this video calling app doesn’t have a feature of messaging, unlike Skype. Now this is just for video calling! So Google Duo for PC is itself unique by just providing video calling feature in its app. But that’s not the only feature in this app, there’s a lot more to it! Have a look at some of the outstanding features of Google Duo PC app.
Amazing Features of Google Duo App for PC
- Available for both iPhone and Android in 78 languages.
- Simple and easy as a whole.
- Fast video calling can be done easily on Google Duo for Windows.
- Cross platform app.
- To start the app, you just need your phone number and all your phone’s contacts can be synced.
- No requirement of a separate account to make calls on Google Duo PC.
- Instant calls can be done right after you register or sign up.
- No such problems appeared like choppy calls, calls getting disconnected, voice not clear, etc.
- Knock knock feature or also called as Live Preview feature making it more spontaneous and welcoming.
- Better security regarding Google Duo PC calls with end to end encryption.
- In case the network is lost during the video call, it connects automatically once the network is back.
- The Google Dup for PC app doesn’t take much of space in your device as it is only about 5MB in size.
How to Download Google Duo on Windows 11, 10, 8, 7 and Mac
For downloading Google Allo for PC app as suggested above you first need an emulator. You have the freedom to download and install any emulator of your choice. There are too many options regarding emulator these days like Bluestacks, Youwave, Memu, Leapdroid, Nox, Andyroid, etc. If you don’t have an emulator already and have no clue about what is an emulator you can refer to any guide regarding downloading of Android emulators on PC, Mac. It’s also possible to play Asphalt Xtreme on PC using these emulators.
In this particular scenario, we assume that we are downloading Bluestacks emulator for our purpose and proceed.
- Firstly, download the Bluestacks emulator on your PC.
- Install the Google Duo PC app on your system. Don’t worry, the procedure is very simple and you will be good to go.
- After it has been successfully installed, open the Bluestacks app on your PC.
- Click on the Search button in Bluestacks.
- Go to the Search field and type Google Duo and press “Enter” button.
- Click on the Google Duo PC app and you will be redirected to Google Play Store.
- To start the installation process click on “Install” button of Google Duo for Windows.
- After the installation is complete, open the Google Duo PC app, and enter your phone number.
- You will receive a text message on your phone number. Verify your number by entering the text message code
Google Duo for Windows vs. Skype vs. IMO
Unlike Skype or other video calling enabled apps, video calling is now possible in even slow Internet connections without worrying for the call to get disconnected. Its Live Preview feature also makes it stand out. Even before you pick up the call the video is already there.
Google Duo for Windows is smart enough to automatically switch over from WiFi to cellular network data and vice-versa. This is not what we have seen in Skype or IMO till date. It would be interesting to see how these video calling giants respond to these lovely features of Download Google Duo for Windows PC. Well, we need to wait for the Google Duo for PC update as it is just the beginning.
Conclusion of Google Duo for Laptop
It is a one to one video calling app and you really must give it a try. Using Google Duo for Windows app call your friends and family PC to PC, PC to Phone, Phone to Phone easily. The user interface is user-friendly. And as Google Duo PC app is cross platform so must not worry to contact to your friends who have iPhones and Mac. Both iOS and Android can communicate with each other on Google Duo Windows App. Audio can be muted while you are on the call and camera can also be flipped easily.
I hope you find our article helpful and that all your doubts regarding Google Duo for Windows PC are now cleared. In case you have some query feel free to ask us by commenting in the comment section below. We will be more than happy to help you out. And if you like Google Duo PC article, share it among your friends too on the social media as much as you can.