It is very good to know a computer’s battery when you are working on important tasks throughout the day. The best part about showing battery percentage on a Windows 11 laptop is that you can connect your charger to avoid shutdown or log-off situations when the battery is about to die.
Now if you are using a Windows 11 laptop, you know by default, you can only see the battery icon in the taskbar and not the actual percentage of the battery.
If you connect the charger it only shows a charging sign and not the battery percentage that is left. If you’re wondering how to show battery percentage on a Windows 11 laptop, we’ve explained a couple of methods for the same and we’ve got a unique method for Lenovo laptop users too.
Table of Contents
How to Show Battery Percentage on Laptop in Windows 11/10
Using this guide, you can show the battery percentage on your laptop.
Method 1: How to Show Battery Percentage in Taskbar
You can show battery percentage in the taskbar using these steps:
- First, open the start menu using the start button on your keyboard.
- Then find Settings and click on it.
- In Windows settings, go to Personalization and then go to Taskbar.
- Scroll down and find the Notification area. Then click on the Select which icons appear on the taskbar option.
- Turn on the toggle next to Power.
- If it is still disabled, then click on the small arrow icon in the taskbar and then click on the battery icon.
- If you can’t see the battery percentage, then open task manager with CTRL + SHIFT + ESC button on the keyboard.
- Then go to process tab > find file explorer > right-click on it > choose restart.
This is one of the ways to show battery percentage on the laptop if you’re running Windows 11 or Windows 10. But if you want to check another method to do the same, here’s how you can do it.
Method 2: Use Device Manager to Show Battery Percentage in Windows 11
You can use device manager to configure battery settings on your Windows laptop. Here are the steps to follow:
- Open the Windows start menu with the start button and then search and open the device manager.
- Find the battery in the list and then expand the options. Here find the name of your laptop battery and right-click on it.
- Then choose to disable > confirm.
- Then restart your laptop.
- Go to the same location and enable it again.
That’s it! You can now see the battery percentage that is left in the taskbar of your laptop.
Show the Battery Percentage in Lenovo Laptop with Windows 11
If you own a Lenovo laptop then you can follow these steps to enable the battery percentage icon in Windows 11.
Step 1: Right-click on your taskbar and then find Taskbar settings from the list.
Step 2: Scroll down and find an option called Notification Area.
Step 3: In the Notification Area, find and click on which icon appears in the taskbar.
Step 4: Enable the toggle for power.
Step 5: Then turn system icons on or off and then again turn on the battery icon display option.
Restart your laptop, and this will show the battery percentage icon on your laptop’s taskbar at the bottom right of your screen.
- Open Task Manager in Windows 11
- Clear Printer Queue in Windows 11
- Best Windows 11 Laptops Reviewed – Our Top Picks!
Did This Display the Battery Percentage?
By following the same methods listed above, you can also disable the battery percentage icon on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 laptops. This can surely help you to restore and display the battery percentage icon with the percentage that was missing earlier in your Windows 11 laptop or PC!