Android Auto is a customized version of Android OS specifically designed for cars. It connects your phone to Android Auto in the car and lets you access all supported apps like Music, Messages, Map, and Navigations.
One can also use Google Assistant to control car features. Whilst Android Auto is an arsenal for car lovers; many users are facing issues with Android Auto autostarting when the phone is plugged in or charged using a USB cable in the car. They instantly want to disconnect Android Auto.
This is turning out to be a common problem amongst Android users, and we’ve got a solution for the same. You can simply disable or turn off Android Auto (app on Android) to solve the issue within seconds. But in the car, the settings are different.
- How to Disable Android Auto in a Car
- How to Delete Android Auto Completely from Smartphone
- Unable to Find Uninstall option?
- How to Disable or Turn Off Android Auto in a Smartphone
- FAQs on Android Auto
- Did You Find It Easy to Turn Off Android Auto?
How to Disable Android Auto in a Car
To disable Android Auto in any car:
- Tap on Settings on your vehicle’s screen
- Tap on Connection Options
- Tap on Disable option that’s next to Android Auto
Well, that’s how simple it is to get rid of the Android Auto feature if you’re facing any troubles using it while restarting your car.
If you’re using Android 9 or earlier versions on your smartphone, you can easily remove the Android Auto app from your Android phone. But, for Android 10 or later devices, you need to either disable it or force stop the Android Auto app from your smartphone. So let us first see how you can delete them.
How to Delete Android Auto Completely from Smartphone
This procedure works for Android smartphones with Android 9 OS or earlier. Here’s how to remove the Android Auto app completely.
- Open your Android phone Settings and then go to Apps and Notifications.
- Scroll down to find the Android Auto app from the list of installed apps and tap on Android Auto.
- Tap on Uninstall button to remove the Android Auto app on your smartphone.
Unable to Find Uninstall option?
For the devices with Android 10 or later versions, many apps come pre-installed, and it’s not possible to uninstall or delete such apps unless your device is rooted.
Android Auto is one of those pre-installed apps. So the only option you’re left with is to disable it.
How to Disable or Turn Off Android Auto in a Smartphone
This procedure works only for devices installed with Android 10 or later.
- Open your Android phone Settings and scroll down to tap on Apps.
- Now tap on the Android Auto app from the list of installed apps.
- Click on Disable from the bottom of the screen.
- It will now uninstall all the latest updates and then disable the Android Auto app. This automatically turns off Android auto when you enter your car next time!
Note: It’s not recommended to disable any pre-installed Android app as it may cause issues with other apps. It is always better to use the Force Stop option as it will solve the issue anyway.
And if you don’t want to mess it up with your vehicle, you can simply turn off the Android Auto wireless connection to get rid of the issue. Here’s a video explaining the same.
Moreover, if your Android Auto stops working, here’s a quick video to learn how to fix it quickly.
FAQs on Android Auto
Here are some of the frequently asked questions by users that use Android Auto.
How do I turn Android Auto off?
To turn off Android Auto, launch Settings app on your Android device, head over to Android Auto from Apps option, tap on Phone screen settings, and open Automatic Launch tab. Disable automatic launch option and you’re good to go!
Where is Android Auto on my phone?
Every Android device these days has Android Auto pre-installed. Tap on Settings and open “Apps” to find out the Android Auto app. Tap on Android Auto to manage its settings!
Does Android Auto need to be plugged in?
No, Android Auto works wirelessly. So there’s no need to connect it with a cable while using in a car. If you’ve done the configuration before, it automatically detects the Android auto when you enter the car.
- How to Check Android Version on Samsung Smartphones
- How to Disable Android Disable Absolute Bluetooth Volume
- How to Open APK File on Android
Did You Find It Easy to Turn Off Android Auto?
Android Auto is still new to a lot of people around the world and Google is improving it by fixing various bugs in the latest updates. But few situations demand an instant solution and we hope you’ve now disabled Android Auto on your smartphone and got rid of autostarting issues while connecting your phone via USB in the car.