The hunt for best online shopping sites in India began as we decided to upgrade our office on this festival season. The online business in India has mushroomed into the most profitable affair and many major players have jumped into this field getting inspired by the success story of Flipkart. The exponential growth of eCommerce business over the past couple of years also speaks for the convenience and comfort it brings. In a nutshell, an online shopping site saves a lot of time and money which otherwise would have been spent behind travelling and roaming around different stores to find your favorite items. People are enjoying the comfort of getting their favorite items at their doorstep, and that to at cheaper rate. Let me emphasize that India does have thousands of online shopping sites serving locally and nationally, but only few of them stand out among the crowd.
Online shopping sites like eBay is probably the best bet besides Flipkart for an average Joe. Besides offering various items from India, eBay also brings global items through global EasyBuy. With no qualms, we ordered and managed to grab HTC EVO 3D at 29% off through such offer few months back. As the other side of the coin, it has few drawbacks. You cannot really touch and feel the product personally. Moreover, many people still fear what to do when a product needs replacement or needs maintenance. Many a times, local store keeper acts like a jerk. Having personally tried out multiple sites, we can definitely recommend top online shopping sites in India.
Check Out our other BEST collection
Best Online Shopping Sites
1. eBay.in: Without a second thought, the eBay name comes as the first option in the mind. Unarguably, it is the best site to buy almost anything over the Internet. Whether you like to buy apparels, games or Electronics items, eBay has got all items for you. It is also the ideal choice to buy products from USA store through easy to understand Global EasyBuy. eBay often provides hefty discount on various products through daily deals. The international sensation eBay also serves Indians with a humongous range of products.
Hint: Keep close eyes on daily deal section to grab big discount on your favorite products. It is especially useful for those who loves to buy gadgets.
Caution: eBay is a marketplace and there is a high risk of getting scammed. Always buy a product based on the seller’s feedback. It is always a good practice to buy products from a trusted source.
2. Flipkart: Flipkart has set a highest benchmark score for others to look upon and beat down. Initially, they offered ebooks, mobiles, electronics products, gadgets, accessories and now they are also one of the largest store in India to serve paid music content. In the era where torrents and Hindi songs download sites rules people’s mind, Flipkart has proved that if served correctly, Indian people can invest large sums of money on buying music as well. They have recently started two new categories called Clothing and Sports & Fitness. Flipkart is known for its better customer support system and fast delivery. This is the primary reason why Flipkart has become a darling of Indian audience. They often offer a heavy discount on various products. It is also the best online shopping site in India to pre-order upcoming gadgets, mobiles and tablets.
3. Tradus: Similar to eBay, tradus is turning out to be one stop shoppers shop. It has around 50 different categories of products ranging from apparels to fashion Jewellery. Even, electronics items like mobile, pen drive, laptops, gadgets, TV, hard disks are available to buy from Tradus. It does offer an attractive discount on multiple purchase and a multitude of products. The dedicated Deal Bazaar will give you the desired products at best discount price. It indeed is the top online shopping site in India.
4. Homeshop18: Backed up by Network18 group, Homeshop18 is probably the only online shopping site that runs a TV show parallelly. If you are concerned about the quality, look and feel of the product then tune into their channel and see the product demo by yourself. They also provide a shopping guide.Moreover, you can follow their employees on twitter to learn more about the particular product. Homeshop18 houses a large number of products from various categories. Ask for stylish watch, designer dress, formal men’s wear, mobile, TV, refrigerator, laptops, books, cameras, home appliances or anything else, Homeshop18 has got a biggest collection of them all. Of course, sometimes you may not be able to pre-order upcoming mobile device, but apart from that you can get almost everything there. They also have a superb track record of delivering the goods in the timely manner. The options like COD (Cash on delivery), EMI are also available.
5. Futurebazaar: It is a venture of Future group—also known for Food Bazaar, Big Bazaar, Pantaloons, EZone, HomeTown and many other products. If you’re looking to secure the best deal for your home appliances, kitchen & dining, men’s wear, kid’s wear, sports, cameras, mobile etc then Futurebazaar is the ideal choice for you. They often offer heavy discount on home appliances and digital products. It is also an ideal choice to get daily routine products like detergent, bed sheet, home décor, groceries, designer pieces etc. The dedicated clearance section will guide you to the latest and greatest discount offers. It is also called as a clearance sell section. They offer various payment options and eGift vouchers. You can also track your order online through their website.
Hint: They have a huge collection of bridal wear. Probably, Futurebazaar is the only option to secure the best deal in this section.
6. MyGrahak: Enter the unique supermarket store of India from the comfort of your home. With a collection of over 11,500 products, it is the largest store in India selling out FMCG, food and non food related products. MyGrahak also offers different collection of products based on different occasions. Besides FMCG products, they do sell mobile phones & accessories, ladies beauty products, kid’s game, household products and much more. With 48 hour delivery option, they serve the Indian community quickly. Similar to eBay, they also offer today’s deal where you can secure some great products at a cheaper rate. Although, the collection is limited, it is an ideal choice for those who are looking for home appliances and FMCG products.
7. Myntra: Myntra is the ultimate destination for fashion addicts. Even, their logo resembles to the same. For the fashion minded persons, Myntra is an ultimate destination where over 500 international and national brands are just a fingertip away. Myntra also offers 30 day return policy if you are somehow not convinced by the product you’ve got. Well, this is a big promise for many. Whether you want to order diamonds for your wife, girlfriend(s) or mum, myntra offers a huge variety from popular jewellery shops like Asmi, Nakshatra, d’damas. Would you rather like to get latest fashion tips? You can ask them to what to wear on different occasions. They have a huge collection of designer clothes and accessories for men, women and kids.
8. Yebhi: Initially, they started selling footwear and their enormous success inspired them to transform into a full-fledged online shopping site selling many more products. They have also gone through re-branding phase. Now, Yebhi not only offers footwear, but slew of other products like accessories, bags, jewellery, mobiles, apparels, sunglasses and more.Yebhi has also won best E-commerce company 2010 award from The Economic Times. Their website is designed nicely and offers a wide range of options. Moreover, they are the only company to offer 100 days return policy. For fashion minded people Yebhi is yet another choice. They have a big collection of sarees, shoes, clothes, bags, accessories, watches and more. You can also recharge your mobile and DTH connection from their portal.
Hint: They have a nice collection of Homeware, designer sarees, shoes and home décor.
9. Snapdeal: With the tagline ‘India’s favorite online mall’, Snapdeal is arguably the best online shopping site in India. Snapdeal has over 200+ categories, 3000+ brands and over 250,000 products listen on their website. They also offer quick delivery to over 4000 cities in India. The number speaks for their growth and quality service. Similar to previous services, it has the widest range of products across various categories. You can buy laptops, gadgets, festival related products, TV, audio devices, gaming console, perfumes, camera, computer peripherals, apparels, home appliances, fitness instruments, music instruments and so on. It also facilitates online mobile recharge option. For health conscious people, there is a special section containing spa, salon and wellness products. Not to forget, the huge range of stationary items it offers which includes everything from the ball pen to study material.
10. Indiaplaza: Indiaplaza is relatively an old horse of this industry. The root of its foundation goes as deep as 1999. The company started back in 1999 as fabmart.com and now has transformed into Indiaplaza. Indiaplaza has a good collection of grocery items. That doesn’t mean it lacks in any way in gadgets, electronics, clothing, books and accessories department. It has a wide range of collection across different categories. Most of the time, they provide a bulk discount on the product to make their customer happy. They also claim to provide the most competitive market price (read cheap) in India. They also have a nice collection of handicrafts, arts, spirituality which is not found so often in other stores. Make sure you check out their festival collection to grab some enticing products at cheaper price.
There are many other service providers which do deserve a listing in our collection of best online shopping sites in India. Unfortunately, we have to limit ourselves and decided to keep the list short. Which is your favorite online shopping site? Do you often purchase products online?