Last couple of weeks have been pretty conducive for Galaxy S3 users and Samsung as a whole. Even community users had a chance to get hands on some of the exclusive apps that otherwise would have been enjoyed by Galaxy SIII users only. Firstly, Flipboard APK and then propitious S-Voice got leaked in the wild. However, it only made Galaxy SIII case strong as it had always been accused of being accomplice in unethical practice to imitate iOS functionality. As a number one smartphone manufacturer of the world — the title which Samsung grappled rightfully from Nokia couple of months back, such accusation has been haunting Samsung ever since it developed Galaxy series handsets.
New SGS3 users have no longer need to worry about such accusation as there are plenty of third-party tools have been designed which will let you take complete control over your device. In fact, Samsung has been lucky since day one to get affection and support from developers. Samsung Galaxy S3 Toolkit is yet another utility designed for Samsung device which makes user’s life easy is a cinch. Galaxy S3 Toolkit can perform almost any complex task starting from backing up device to install CWM (ClockWorkMod). It does not only take simple backup and restore of Galaxy S3 handset but can also perform FULL NANDROID backup via ADB.
Backup and Restore Galaxy S3 with Toolkit
Following actions could be performed using Galaxy S3 toolkit
- Install drivers automatically
- Backup/ Restore a single package or all apps, user data and Internal Storage
- Backup your /data/media (virtual SD Card) to your PC for a Full Safe backup of data
- Perform a FULL NANDROID Backup of your system via adb and save in Custom Recovery format on your PC
- Pull /data and /system folders, compress to a .tar file and save to your PC
- Backup/ Restore your /efs partition
- Dump selected phone partitions, compress to .zip file with MD5
- Install BusyBox binary
- Root any public build (different options available) (Tutorial to Root Galaxy SIII)
- Flash Stock Recovery or CWM Recovery (for flashing custom ROMs)
- Install a single apk or multiple apk’s to your phone
- Push Files from your PC to your phone
- Set file permissions
- Dump BugReport, LogCat buffer to PC
- Reboot phone options in adb mode
- Change background colors, text colors etc.
In layman’s terms, the Galaxy S3 Toolkit is a comprehensive all-in-one tool that can handle almost any task. Have a look at the screenshot displayed above which displays all the features this toolkit can employ. The installation is very easy and all you have to do is use appropriate number against ‘Make your choice:_’ field. Toolkit explains the meaning of number and action it performs so you don’t have to worry about that part. For first time users, it is extremely useful since it can install SGS3 drivers automatically. To backup and restore Samsung Galaxy S3 you need to press ‘5’ number.
In case if you’ve problem understanding the toll or have any queries then feel free to follow this XDA thread. Alternatively, you can also comment below to ask your questions directly.